Featherstone Rovers Foundation is the charitable arm of Featherstone Rovers RLFC. Working across Featherstone and the wider Wakefield District in West Yorkshire, our vision is to inspire our community through the values of sport, physical activity and social opportunities as a catalyst for positive change, enabling the fulfilment of potential.
The Featherstone Rovers Foundation is looking to appoint a casual coach to foster and support the growth of sport & Rugby League within the Wakefield District, offering their expertise and enthusiasm while delivering physical activity and PE sessions.
The role requires:
A highly organised individual who is self-motivated, able to work under pressure and without supervision.
A team player who will endeavour to work closely with the current team of staff supporting as necessary to achieve both individual and team goals.
A sound knowledge and experience of Rugby League and other sports.
The ideal candidate will be flexible & available to work some pre arranged evenings and weekends including Featherstone Rovers Home games.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
1. Assist delivery of School Sports Partnerships.
2. Support the delivery the Rugby League Development Plan.
3. Coordinate a number of small funded projects, these include Men’s Weight Management, Healthy Lifestyle programmes, Try Sport.
4. Develop the Featherstone Rovers Foundation Ambassadors Scheme, sustaining and creating positive links with community clubs and other voluntary organisations.
5. Arrange and deliver match day activities at Featherstone Rovers home games to increase attendances.
6. Additional work as requested by line manager to promote Featherstone Rovers Foundation.
Level 2 UKCC Rugby League Essential
Have a Valid Driving Licence & use of a car is essential
Be able to work as part of the team or individually and be physically active
Must be reliable
Ability to manage own work load & have excellent time management
Experience of coaching at Primary & Secondary school level
Level 2 in other sports would be desirable e.g. Multi skills, Football, Cricket etc.
Safeguarding and Paediatric First Aid Certificates desirable
Experience of organising events E.g. Rugby Festivals, sports days, fundraisers
Sound IT Skills
The post is to be based at the Millenium Stadium.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to become part of a small team, working in a unique professional Rugby League environment.
The successful candidate will be subject to DBS check & references.
For more information or to apply please send a detailed covering letter along with an up to date
CV to the following email address: email@example.com