JOB OPPORTUNITY - COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER DANCE FOCUS
Job Opportunity – Featherstone Rovers Foundation
Community Development Officer – Dance/ Gymnastics Focus
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community Development Officer with a passion for Dance/ Gymnastics to join Featherstone Rovers Foundation to assist us in continuing to engage and inspire people in the Wakefield District to become more active and lead healthier lifestyles.
They need to be motivated, passionate and a self-starter with fantastic communication skills and experience of working within sport and Dance development.
· Dance, Gymnastics and multi skills coaching in Primary Schools as part of the FRF School Sport Provision offer
· Dance coaching in High Schools and after school clubs to drive numbers to the All Stars Dance Academy
· Coordinate, run and develop the successful All Stars Dance Academy which has members from age 3 to open age Elite Cheer Team
· Identify and work with partners to create new Localised All Star Dance Academy Centres
· Coordinate and deliver FRF match day activities to attract new participants and spectators
· Develop & deliver interactive school assemblies
· Coordinate and deliver on holiday camp activities
· Create a media release per project / coaching block, highlighting key funders and partners
· Additional work for the Featherstone Rovers Foundation as requested by line manager
· Attendance at all core Featherstone Rovers Foundation events including Featherstone Rovers RLFC match days.
· Update Outlook calendar on a weekly basis and manage workload effectively.
· Attendance at Featherstone Rovers Foundation camps and summer activities outside of term times as required by line manager.
· Attendance at regular Featherstone Rovers Foundation meetings
· Level 2 Coaching Qualification in NGB/ Dance Qualification (IDTA/ UKCA)
· Experience of school’s dance/ multi -sports coaching
· Experience of Club Development work
· Ability to communicate at all levels
· Ability to monitor own workload
· Good IT skills
· Ability to write articles for press and websites
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and individually
· Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekdays and match days
· Have experience of working in a pathway or a performance environment
This is a full time role of 37.5 hours per week but you will need to be flexible, as you may need to work evenings, weekends and match days. The salary for the role is based on skills and experience.
Many additional benefits: Competitive salary, Pension Scheme, Uniform provided, free parking, use of FR RLFC gymnasium, CPD opportunities
The role is based at the locations:
The LD Nutrition Stadium, Post Office Road, Featherstone WF7 5EN
In and around venues in the Wakefield District
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references.
To find out more about the role, arrange a visit or to apply please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you feel you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 8th April 2019
Interviews will take place on Friday 12th April 2019